A. There are 2 ways:
- Log into eTC and go to your Student Bill and Schedule (found under the Get Set tab). Click the link to view your course materials (found between your tuition payment breakdown and your schedule). This will pull up all of the materials associated with the courses you are enrolled in. From here, add whichever items to your cart that you wish to purchase. Note: this link goes live 30 days before the first day of class each semester. Online purchases are not available until beginning of the SFA period (usually the week before the 1st day of class). If you have not registered an account on our website, it is a separate account from your eTC log in. It is recommended that you use the same user name but it is not required.
- If you navigated directly to the site and have logged in, go to Textbooks>Order Textbooks and follow the instructions to select your Term, Department, and Course number. After adding your selections, choose Get Course Materials to view all materials related to your selected courses. From here, add whichever items to your cart that you wish to purchase. Note: as with the above option textbooks do not go on sale until the start of the established SFA period (usually the week before the 1st day of class). If you have not registered an account on our website, it is a separate account from your eTC log in. It is recommended that you use the same user name but it is not required.
- Online Store: - The only credit cards currently accepted on our website are Visa and Mastercard. - During the established SFA period each semester you can also pay using your Student Account Balance if there is a credit on your account. However, be aware that we require a credit card as a backup payment option and if there is not a credit on your account or if you have not authorized your SFA to be used on bookstore purchases then that backup card will be charged. - We also offer a Pay at Store option. These orders must be picked up from the Pendleton Campus during normal business hours. Payment is accepted at that time.
- Campus Store and Textbook Warehouse: - In addition to cash and check we accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. - During the established SFA period each semester you can also pay using your Student Account Balance if there is a credit on your account. Your student ID is required to make purchases using your student account. - You may also pay money into an account in the bookstore that will allow you to spend that credit in the bookstore so long as there is an available balance. This payment type also requires your student ID. You may add money into this account throughout the year. Any money in this account is not returnable.
- We can ship to any of our satellite campuses at no additional charge. Please allow at least one additional business day for these items to be delivered.
- For an additional fee per item, we are able to ship to a specific address using UPS. We are unable to ship to a PO Box.
- During the established SFA period at the beginning of each semester, students who have a credit on their student account can apply that towards purchases in the Campus Store, the Textbook Warehouse, and online. A valid student ID is required for all in-store purchases using a student’s account balance. If a student uses third party money on their account to purchase items that are not approved by that third party, the charge will be applied be to the student’s account after the SFA period has ended. This charge will become the student's responsibility to pay.
- In general, the SFA period is 2 to 3 weeks covering the week before class begins until the last day to add/drop for A session courses. There is not an SFA period for C Session courses. Check our website for the most recent dates.
- The bookstore has a limited 7-day return policy. However, purchases made using a student account balance cannot be returned after the last of the SFA period even if it would otherwise qualify.
- Information on how to set up a Payment Plan through the Business Office can be found here: here
- Book Payment plans can only be spent on textbooks. It cannot be applied towards other school supply items such as lab coats, goggles, or notebooks.
- Students using a Book Payment Plan to purchase their textbooks must do so by the end of the SFA period that semester. If a student does not spend all of their Book Payment Plan in the bookstore, once the SFA period ends, their bill and schedule will update to reflect the correct amount owed.
- Textbook Buyback – We partner with a wholesaler who sends a representative to our campus at least once a semester, usually during final exams, who pays cash for textbooks. The in-person buyer is usually on the Pendleton Campus in early December, late April/early May, and late July/early August. Look for a TCTC Announcement around these times with specific dates, times and locations.
If you do not want to wait until exam time to attempt to sell your books you can also follow this link to sell your books at any time. You supply a box and the books; the wholesaler pays for the shipping.
- Campus Marketplace – You can also attempt to sell your book(s) directly to another student by creating a listing on our marketplace here